Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Is Nearly Here...

The past week I have been cleaning, baking and spending time with family.  I even managed to get the kitchen cabinet doors hung! (A Christmas miracle-I know!).  So this week I thought I would share a tiny sneak peek of the hung cabinet doors and also share some pictures of my family.
Me and my mom
My hubby Jason, me, my sister-in-law Susan, my brother Gary and adorable nephew Garrett
Jason(Hubby), Me, Linda(Mom), Susan(sis-in-law), Gary(brother), Ashley(niece), Brian(Ashley's boyfriend), and front and center is none other than Garrett(nephew)

This past weekend my mom's side of the family had our annual get together.  It was my mom's turn to host this year and since she works full-time, I pitched in to get things cooked and clubhouse readied for nearly 30 family members to congregate.  It never ceases to amaze me at how much my cousin's children have grown.  This celebration was tinged with a hint of sadness about the loss of my great auntie Belle.  She was always the one to cook the sugar cookies(a recipe that belonged to a great-great grandmother).My aunt, Glenna, made the cookies once again this year but it was definitely a reminder of the empty seat that would not be filled. On a happier note, my brother's family was able to join us this year so I got to spend some extra time with my sister-in-law and nephew Garrett.  We usually only get to see them once a year in the summertime for a few days so this was a wonderful Christmas gift in itself. Garrett got to meet his cousins for the first time as he was only 1 or 2 the last time they were able to attend.  It amazes me at how easy kids can just mesh together as though they have been lifelong friends.


This week I am enjoying relaxation and of course a little baking too.  I decided I could have a week or so off from all of the hustle and bustle of home renovating.  I am going to be doing a little crafting since I might go into withdrawals if I don't create something. :) I am going to make some catnip mice for all of the furry family cats. 


I hope and pray that everyone has a happy and blessed Christmas surrounded by those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...