Friday, July 22, 2011

Fabric Flower Adventure

I need to make a confession and it is one that I have seen several fellow bloggers make lately.  I am severely addicted to Pinterest.  Don't get me wrong, I have been doing other things too.  I got to spend the majority of last week hanging out with my nephew who came from Texas.  Unfortunately, the weather here has been miserably hot with temperatures and heat indexes in the 100's and no end in sight.  We spent most of our time going to the movies and swimming in the pool at my mom's.   I have also been working on some new jewelry pieces and making more branches for my dimensional wall mural.  Since the wall mural is still in progress, I thought I would share one of my completed necklaces.
I started off weaving small gunmetal glass seed beads and beige beading thread. Then as I went along, I added some pretty pink shell discs.  After I got the necklace to the length I wanted, I could not decide on how I was going to finish it off.  I did not really want to use a clasp because the necklace is long enough to easily go over the head, but I was a bit stumped.  This is about the time that I chastise myself for not planning out the project in its entirety once again.  Anyway, this brings me back to my Pinterest addiction.  I began looking at many different craft tutorials and came across a fabric flower tutorial that had burned edges.  It was perfect(Ok so I still made some of my own modifications)!  So, I made a special trip to Joann's fabrics and purchased some silver crinkled material, primrose colored tulle, and beige colored tulle.  Here is the final result:

 
 My head is spinning with different applications for the singed fabric flowers!  It is a perfect way to keep myself busy while being trapped inside the air conditioned house.  I am still trying to wrap my head around the idea that people actually survived in this weather before the air conditioner was invented.  I really don't know how they did it! Hopefully everyone else out there has found ways to stay cooled off and to those who have been basking in cooler weather ...:} I'm jealous right now.
Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...