Friday, July 1, 2011

Gone to the Birds....

It has been a bit hectic around my house the past few weeks and I have little in the way of blogger material to show for it.  I have been experimenting with paper clay and making birds and branches to hang on the wall in our stairwell.  I got the bird forms and the branches figured out with no problems.  It took me a few tries to get the detailed painting on the birds completed.  I really want my birds to look as realistic as possible and I have never painted a bird before.  Here is what I have so far:
It is supposed to be an Indigo Bunting.  I have decided that I am going to break down and get a black flat backed bead to use for the eye. Overall I am pretty pleased with the results. I can't wait to get the rest of the branches completed and get them placed on the wall.  I hope to get it all done in the next few weeks and post an updated picture of the fully completed project.
On another front, I have decided to move forward on starting my own business instead of constantly waiting for a better time. I have lived so much of my life living in fear and putting off things that really are important to me.  I have so many ideas and can't wait to share my adventures with fellow bloggers and closet  blogger readers.
Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July!  There are not words adequate enough to express the appreciation I have for those who have made sacrifices so we have freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...