Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Bit Off the Beaten Path

I have been spending the past week and a half trying to get my yo-yo rug for the entryway completely finished and still have a bit to go.  As a result, I don't have a home project to share this week or anything inspiring that I have seen on the internet.  So, I decided to share something that my hubby and I have been enjoying together over the past week.  We have an acquaintance that raises chickens and as a special surprise he generously gave us a dozen fresh eggs courtesy of his lovely chicken family.  We have enjoyed french toast and omelets.  I would have taken pictures of the food we made with our fresh eggs but the food never stayed on the plate long enough to be photographed!  I did manage to clip a shot of the eggs after I had cleaned them and placed them in a recycled egg container.  I mean the eggs could not have been any fresher- feathers, straw and all when we received them.  Here they are nice and shiny in their new home!
I was mesmerized by the different sizes and colors of the eggs.  My favorite eggs were the light green colored eggs because it made me instantly think of the beloved Dr. Seuss book, Green Eggs and Ham.   I really wish I had spent more time and attempted to get more detailed pictures before using them up, but at the time I did not realize this would be my show and tell for the week.  This week I want to just say how important it is to support local farmers.  It not only benefits the farmers in your area, but as an added bonus you benefit from eating the freshest food possible aside from anything you might grow on your own.  It also allows you to get to know the people and the love that went into growing and raising the food and allows you to purchase food free from chemicals and hormones.

I dedicate this week to those who so diligently work to provide better food choices to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...