Monday, May 2, 2011

From Dresser to TV Stand...

A few weeks ago, I was very pleased with myself for talking my hubby into getting rid of his 70" pride and joy from our living room.  That's right! For those of you who know us, my hubby agreed to sell his 70" rear projection TV and replace it with a 55" flat screen TV.  I could not contain the happy dance that ensued.  Our living room is not very big and I always felt like when you would walk in the front door it was overly distracting.  I would roll my eyes when we had any guys walk into the house and give my husband that "guy" nod of approval.  I don't have any before pictures of the living room with the behemoth TV.  When he agreed and found someone to buy it, I quickly helped to pack the TV into the back of the Hummer and shove my husband out of the door.  I did manage to find a before picture of the dresser from the paint job it had received when its home was going to be in my work room.
Here is the dresser transformed into a stand for our lovely new television...
I removed the top three drawers and drawer tracks.  I then used Olympic Paint color Black Magic mixed with Valspar metallic silver glaze.  The picture does not really show the accuracy of the color-it came out looking gunmetal.  I love it and can't wait to see what it looks like once the living room is painted green as planned.

Here is to a great week ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...