Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

I have been so thankful to have a family to celebrate all of life's experiences with. This year was special because my mom and I were
able to go visit my brother and his family in Texas. I had a lot of fun chatting and cooking with my sister-in-law, catching up with my brother, laughing with my nephew and acting like an utter goofball for my great-nephew. While we were visiting we made it a goal to tackle my nephew's bedroom. It needed to be painted and decorated. As usual we had some hiccups and weren't able to get it all done, but I did manage to snap a picture of one of the projects my creative sister-in-law came up with. She decided to use one of the drums from a set that my nephew never uses and make a side table. To amp up the interest we printed off several pictures of things that my nephew is interested
in and decoupage them on top of the drum. All it needs now is a nice piece of plexiglass to go over it. My brother is going to have a machine shop cut and shape the plexiglass to fit snuggly inside of the rim to create a nice waterproof table top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...