Thursday, February 24, 2011

Flight of the Bumble Bee...

No, I am not talking about the orchestral interlude written by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov.  I am actually referring to my next decorating adventure taking place in the kitchen.  I have some areas that consist of faux-tile that i decided not to tear out but instead painted over them.  After several months of looking at the tiles I decided that despite my fears I needed to add something more.  See the before....

I was afraid that with everything else that I have going on in the kitchen, adding another design would be too much.  I am glad that I took the risk and put my Cricut to use.  I looked through my cartridges and realized that I had a beautiful bee pattern on my Sentimentals cartridge.  I grabbed the black vinyl that came with my Cricut and started on my newest adventure. Here are the results so far...


I am still working on getting the effect I want for the upper portion of the wall but all in all I am pleased with the results the vinyl bees have added to the tiles.  All I need is to make a quick trip to my local Michaels to purchase some more vinyl.
Happy Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...