Thursday, March 10, 2011

Latest Kitchen Project...

As much as I would like to have brand new Vetrazzo countertops and backsplash in my kitchen, I decided to use my creativity to produce a one of a kind backsplash.  After reading Tracy Porter's book, Dreams from Home, I was inspired by the idea of using decoupage in the kitchen.  Once I knew what technique I was going to use, I had to decide what I was going to decoupage.  Then, it struck me!  Vintage food and beverage posters/ads from all over the world.  I hit the internet and struck gold.  I was able to find a ton of pictures that I could use.  Since I am working on the backsplash for what is going to be the drink station, I decided to focus my search and printing efforts on beverage related ads.  I got my collection together and printed off my selection on matte photo paper.  Here is the result:

In order to make sure that I had enough pictures and determine the placement, I had to tape them up first. Now all I have left to do is glue them on and coat with a sealer.  I realize that the pictures are not the greatest quality.  I am hoping that I get a new camera for my birthday... I would really like to get some feedback on what I have done so far.  For the countertops, I am going to use countertop paint and make them look like granite.  
Hope everyone is having a week full of decorating successes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...