Friday, March 25, 2011

If At First You Don't Succeed....

Well, I embarked on my very first attempt at making my own window treatments.  I had decided that my kitchen windows needed something different and that I could use some burlap coffee sacks (cleaned of course) I had acquired to make some tie up window coverings.  I measured and measured again before cutting my material.  I did not have a pattern but figured I could kind of wing it and do my own thing. Well.... as my mom put it, "the concept was good," but as you can see below, I am a little short of perfection... literally.
I am going to be picking up my seam ripper so I can try, try again.  I am also going to need sturdier curtain rods because all of that burlap is just a bit too heavy for my existing little cafe rods.  At least I might have a new camera in time to take pictures of the revised window treatments next week.  I can't believe I am going to be 35 four days from now....crazy how time flies.

I also thought I would take a moment to let everyone know that Tracy Porter is having another lovely giveaway.  Good luck!

Hope everyone else is having more successful decorating journeys this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...