Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Officially Insane or Filled with Ingenuity?...

Ok, I am not sure whether to pat myself on the back for my ceiling cover idea, or if I should start packing my bag in preparation for being sent to the crazy house.  Regardless I would definitely agree that I am a glutton for punishment.  Somewhere inside my brain is a deep seeded need to see how far I can take the frugal decorating thing and time consuming projects seem to be my "go to" solution. This time I am tackling the ugly kitchen ceiling dilemma. Actually, I am using my idea to tackle the ugly kitchen, dining room and living room ceiling dilemma.  The kitchen ceiling is actually the least ugly and problematic but figured I would fully commit to my ceiling coverage idea and use it for all three spaces downstairs.  Ok, so enough babbling about it.  Here is a look at the beginnings of my HUGE undertaking.

 Now I realize that it might be hard to really envision what the entire ceiling is going to look like decked out in my faux flowers, but trust me when I say that the pictures do not really do them justice.  Surprisingly my hubby even loved them once he could see them up on the ceiling.  What are the flowers made out of? Well, that is a very good question.  Would you believe me if I told you that they are made out of paper grocery sacks? Seriously!  The idea struck me as I was pulling my hair out flabbergasted over the amount of paper sacks I had stashed in my cabinet (before I started using reusable sacks of course).  I promise a tutorial on how to make them if anyone would like to try their hand at finding other applications for the faux flowers.  I have already made this posting too lengthy so I will say, "adieu."  
Best wishes for an insanely creative week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...