Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lamp Makeover

There have been many times when trips into my mother-in-law's basement (I fondly refer to as the family thrift shop) have saved us from having to unnecessarily spend money.  There is a little bit of everything down in the basement and I am grateful for the chance to go pilfering through all of the goodies to see what I can use in our home.  We were in desperate need of a lamp to go on our little entryway table so I ventured down in the basement once again to see what I could find.  I came up with this little outdated but still very functional lamp.
In addition to being very dated, the lampshade that was on the lamp was too big for the base.  During our shopping trip to Target yesterday I found a very cute and affordable burlap covered shade for about $14.
I then dug out my supply of silver liquid leaf and began transforming the base of the lamp.
When it was all painted and the new lampshade added this was what I got!
Here it is all nice and dry and where it belongs!
Of course I used a clear coat spray to ensure my lovely transformation will last for many years to come, or at least until I decide to do something different with it again!  Now, I am off to start tackling some of the indoor Halloween decorating projects.  Hope everyone is enjoying the last day of the weekend as much as I am!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...